[Cytometry] HLA-DR expression on THP-1 monocytes

Pam Tallon ptallon at nosm.ca
Tue Apr 9 13:34:31 EDT 2013

Good afternoon,

I was hoping to borrow your expertise on my little problem. I wanted to
measure HLA-DR expression on THP-1 monocytes. I initially used a primary
unconjugated antibody from BD biosciences, with a secondary FITC antibody.
No expression was observed even in a positive control leading us to believe
the issue was with the antibody.

I've been looking to purchase a conjugate HLA-DR Human specific monoclonal
antibody. However the one from BD is quite expensive. I was wondering if
there were any other cheaper companies with high integrity in their
conjugate antibody products, that others have experience with.

I would prefer if the fluorochrome was either PE or FITC .

Much thanks,

Pam Tallon

Research Lab Coordinator – West

Northern Ontario School of Medicine