[Cytometry] Your flow experiences with Cy3

King, William CLKING at gru.edu
Mon Apr 8 17:18:19 EDT 2013

Hi Marjan,
Cy3 is not so bad in our hands. It's certainly not the brightest fluorophore but as long you are able to resolve it, you're okay. According to the BioLegend spectra analyzer, there's ~15% efficiency of excitation using 488nm laser line and it shows about 80% using 561nm (excitation peak at ~555nm).
Best,
William

William King
Flow Cytometry Core Facility
Georgia Regents University Cancer Center