[Cytometry] Frozen PBMCs for TBNK

Hedrick, Michael Michael.Hedrick at bms.com
Wed Apr 3 10:57:49 EDT 2013

Hi Susan,
We run the IVD TBNK assay for many of our clinical studies. We always use fresh whole blood in this analysis to get the true enumeration of cells / uL of blood.  I doubt there will be a problem with the reagents staining for the T cells B cells and NK cells in PBMCs.  The only pitfall I can see would be that the assay will not be able to give you the true cells per uL  of blood due to the PBMC processing.  There is always some cell loss in the processing.  Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Nathan Hedrick, Ph.D.
Sr. Res. Investigator II & Head, Clinical Flow Cytometry
Biomarker Technologies
Discovery Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
311 Pennington Rocky-Hill Rd.
Bldg 3A Room 042
Pennington, NJ 08534