[Cytometry] GFP expression after lentivirus infection

Schreiber, Kathy L. schreiberkl at health.missouri.edu
Mon Apr 1 10:59:03 EDT 2013

Please see below for a question from an investigator who is in the process of joining the Purdue cytometry list serve. If you have any ideas, you can respond directly to Eda at neueda at yahoo.com.

I am performing lentivirus infections to a cell line with GFP reporter tag.  The results are confirmed by both microscopically and flow cytometricaly. After transfection I can detect signals in both machines very well . But after infections, I do not have any signal under the microscope but I see quite good positive GFP percentage with flow cytometry. I have PI for debris and autoflourescence and negative and positive controls for flow .Everything looks right.

 I could not figure out the reason. Could you please help me.

I appreciate your help,

 Thanks,

 Eda