[Cytometry] removing azide from antibodies

Lopez, Peter Peter.Lopez at med.nyu.edu
Wed May 2 09:56:02 EDT 2012

Agreed. This is our experience with calcium mobilization studies in flow, where it's best to use non-azide containing antibodies for real-time activation studies. Otherwise we have never seen a cell growth issue after sorting that we attributed to the use of azide-containing antibodies. Having azide in your wash buffer is a different story, but I don't think people do that too much anymore.
--Peter

Peter Lopez
Research Assistant Professor of Pathology
Director, Core Cytometry Facility, Office of Collaborative Science
NYU School of Medicine
540 First Ave Skirball 2nd floor Administration
New York, NY 10016
212.263.0635 (office)
212.263.5907 (lab)
Peter.Lopez at med.nyu.edu