[Cytometry] Question about FACSAria daily shutdown solution

Marie Follo marie.follo at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Mon Jan 16 03:51:26 EST 2012

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for bringing this topic up.

My institute has started recommending that people switch over from
using 70% Ethanol to 60% Isopropanol for general disinfection
purposes. I don't know of any inherent disadvantages to using the
Isopropanol on machine components, but would love to hear from anyone
if there are any.

The advantage of this would be that it gets you away from the problem
of having to choose between having the additives present in the
Ethanol vs. the high cost of Ethanol without the additives. I haven't
tried the Isopropanol yet, but was seriously considering the switch
for exactly those reasons.

Best Regards,

Marie Follo

Am 12 Jan 2012 um 20:58 hat Schmitt, Steffen geschrieben:

Marie Follo, Ph.D.
Core Facility
Abt. Innere Medizin I
Zentrale Klinische Forschung