[Cytometry] Sorting cells into TriZol

Kathleen Schell kschell at wisc.edu
Fri Jan 6 11:07:59 EST 2012

Here is a paper we did recently with RNAlater that describes the condition of cells once in the reagent.  Some cells were pretty fragile and RNA recovery was finally working when we sorted directly into this reagent.  I know it isn't trizol but they might want to compare both.   This paper does not describe trizol but the facility had done that in the past--only small quantities in eppendorfs, however.
Kathy
Use of RNAlater in fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS) reduces the fluorescence from GFP but not from DsRed.  Ismail Zaitoun, Christopher S. Erickson, Kathy Schell, and Miles L. Epstein.  BMC Research Notes 2010, 3:328