[Cytometry] FSC/SSC changes with Annexin V binding buffer

roberta rigolio roberta.rigolio at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 07:14:17 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

I have a collegue who is evaluating cell death by  AV/IP staining in
immortalized neurons on FACS.

We have read healthy untreated cell resuspended in PBS and the same cells
resuspended in AV binding buffer alone.

We observed a decrease in FSC and slight increase in SSC in the binding
buffer resuspended cells vs PBS resuspended ones.

We use a BD kit that works fine on other seceral cell lines.

We hypothized these changes are due to the low Ca2+ concentration in the
binding buffer.

Does anyone have similar experience on other cell line or have any
suggestion to explain this strange situation?

Thanks a lot and have a nice week end

Roberta

--
PhD in Neuroscience
Dept. Neuroscience and Biomedical Technologies