[Cytometry] Decontamination of an ARIA 1

Michelle Tourigny michellet at ichr.uwa.edu.au
Sun May 22 23:44:28 EDT 2011


Hello All,

Our ARIA 1 was found to be contaminated with bacteria.  I soaked all
sheath containers and water containers in bleach, all sheath and water
that goes into the machine are filtered.  Probes were dunked in bleach,
tubing was squirted through with bleach and then sterile water.  Machine
was flushed as for an asceptic sort with bleach, then ETOH and with
great difficulty gotten back to working order.  Sheath was tested after
running through machine and it grew bacteria again over the weekend.
Can you suggest anything more I can do?  I didn't soak the nozzle but I
assume it was flushed during the asceptic sort procedure.  I don't think
that I flushed the tubing that comes from the sheath container that
well.    I realize that this all can be solved with an update to an ARIA
II, however that will not occur in the near future.  Any and all
suggestions are welcome.

 

Thank you

Michelle

 

Michelle R. Tourigny, Ph.D.
Research Assistant, Flow Cytometry Services
Telethon Institute for Child Health Research
100 Roberts Road, Subiaco
Western Australia, 6008 AUSTRALIA

Ph 61 8 9489 7878, Fax 61 8 9489 7700
email michellet at ichr.uwa.edu.au 

 

 

 


#####################################################################################
This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared 
by MailMarshal
#####################################################################################
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image001.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 49571 bytes
Desc: image001.jpg
URL: <https://lists.purdue.edu/pipermail/cytometry/attachments/20110523/4860d498/attachment.jpg>


More information about the Cytometry mailing list