[Cytometry] allophycocyanin (APC) gets very dim

Clintrial clintrial at gmail.com
Fri May 20 03:19:31 EDT 2011

Dear Flowers,

I recently ran into a dim APC problem. Our lab have been using LSR II, and
could get very bright signal in APC compensation control using BD CompBeads
(I mixed neg and pos beads in one tube when labeling APC-conjugated Rat
anti-mouse IgG 2b), and good separation of my cell population of interest
until last week. All of a sudden, for some reason, I could not get good
separation of APC neg and pos signal any more in both compensation control
and cell labeling. I checked the LSR II voltage, identical; my labeling
protocol, solution, are all the same; I also ordered the new antibody, still
I can never get bright APC signal any more.

Does anyone has similar experience and please could you share your thoughts
as to what could be the possible reason?

Zhifei