[Cytometry] Qdot issue

Vinko Tosevski tosevski at immunology.uzh.ch
Fri May 13 04:11:01 EDT 2011

Hi Farooq,

When we were considering the inclusion of Qdots to our routine
staining panels, the only thing that made us feel a bit uncomfortable
was their advertised shelf life... We were told by local Invitrogen
people that their Qdot conjugated antibodies have a shelf life of 6-12
months. Maybe this is what you're seeing? Why don't you just try to
stain antibody capturing beads or try spectroscopy, to see if your
Qdot is still performing as a fluorochrome at all.

Best,
Vinko

--
Vinko Tosevski