[Cytometry] accreditation anyone?

Grivel, Jean Charles (NIH/NICHD) [E] grivelj at cc1.nichd.nih.gov
Thu May 12 22:13:54 EDT 2011

Dear Gerhard Nebe-von-Caron,

I have always enjoyed reading your posts and found your answers extremely useful and filled with  invaluable knowledge. I must say that the turn taken by your last posts stupefies me.  I understand and respect your position regarding accreditation. I do not agree with the way of have chosen to make your point.   I doubt that your trivia brings anything to the debate, it singles out a few persons who may have benefited from more constructive intervention on your side.
My point is that you could peak the fight with accreditation grating institution, ISAC, teaching institutions, Peer review at Cytometry, etc.. The authors of this paper have tried to improve upon a widely used method, while imperfect, their effort should be recognized and improved upon by more knowledgeable scientist like yourself. These author should not singled out as examples of what is wrong with accreditation , and they certainly should not be kept hostages of this fight.
Sincerely,
Jean-charles Grivel