[Cytometry] 2nd Annual Southeast Flow Cytometry Interest Group Meeting June 23-24

Steven McClellan smcclellan at usouthal.edu
Thu May 12 11:42:30 EDT 2011

My apologies if this post ends up coming through more than once, having
some email issues on my end!!

A reminder that registration is still open for the Second Annual
Southeast Flow Cytometry Interest Group (SEFCIG) meeting on Friday, June
24 in Athens, Georgia (http://www.georgiacenter.uga.edu). We have
another great program scheduled this year. In addition to the full-day
meeting, the preceding day will have a core manager’s workshop, a
welcome reception with open bar and a special talk by Sony. We have
purposefully selected the date of the meeting as it coincides with the
awesome annual music and arts festival in Athens, AthFest
(www.athfest.com). A limited number of discounted conference center
hotel rooms have been reserved in consideration of the meeting - hotel
rooms are normally quite difficult to obtain during AthFest.
To register or to view a full schedule of the program, go to
http://www.georgiacenter.uga.edu/cch/register/southeast-flow-cytometry-interest-group

Below, please find an abbreviated schedule for both the Core Manager's
Workshop and the full day meeting.  There will be informative sponsor
talks in the middle of the full day meeting as well.  If you are in the
Southeast and shopping around for a new instrument, software or reagents
(and can't make it to Baltimore)- this is your chance to see them all in
one place.  We would like to thank ISAC and our many sponsors for their
support of this meeting.

Hope to see all of you there!

Core Manager's Workshop, June 23 -
Robert Murphy - International Cytometry Certification: Update and Q&A

Greg Farber - Core Facilities - Accomplishments and Plans

Peter Lopez - Building & maintaining and vibrant core - the future of
cytometry core management

Steven McClellan, Tad Fallows and Heather Evans - Establishing a new
core lab from the ground up: A survival guide

Linda Stempora - A flow core's experience in using CytoGenie and CERF

SEFCIG Meeting, June 24:
Jenny Davis - Effects of elevated temperature on cellular oxidative
stress and physiology in marine phytoplankton

Todd Brusko - Human regulatory T cells in the pathogenesis and
treatment of type 1 diabetes

Padraic Levings - Identification of novel therapeutic targets for the
treatment of osteosarcoma

Loren D. Erickson - Regulation of plasma cell differentiation and
survival in autoimmunity

Brian Grimberg - Stage specific sensitivity of malaria as determined by
flow cytometry to screen for new antimalarial drugs

Katharine Muirhead - Cell tracking 2011: A proliferation of probes and
applications

Carmen Raventos-Suarez - Cell cycle profiles, proliferation arrest and
apoptosis

Howard Shapiro - Simplifying cell-based diagnositcs: What would Ehrlich
Do?

Steve McClellan
Manager, Flow Cytometry and
Imaging Core Laboratories