[Cytometry] [cytometry] Flow Cytometry Position in Cambridge

Rachael Walker rvw24 at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 10 13:23:40 EDT 2011

Apologises, the attachment was lost so I have copied the information at
the bottom of this email.

Thanks
Rachael

Rachael Walker wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Please find the advert attached about a 'Flow Cytometry Officers' job
> at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Stem Cell Research.
>
> Kind regards
> Rachael

*FLOW CYTOMETRY OFFICER*

*Wellcome Trust Centre for Stem Cell Research*

*Salary: £27,428-£35,788 pa*

The Wellcome Trust Centre for Stem Cell Research provides outstanding
scientists with the opportunity to undertake ground-breaking research
into the fundamental properties of mammalian stem cells. For more
information on the Centre and the Cambridge Stem Cell Initiative, please
see the relevant webpages:

http://www.cscr.cam.ac.uk

http://www.stemcells.cam.ac.uk

The Centre offers a comprehensive flow cytometry service to members of
the Cambridge Stem Cell Initiative. You will form part of a two person
team providing high quality cell sorting and analysis services for a
diverse range of research projects. The CSCR facility comprises MoFlo
and FACSAria l cell sorters, Cyan and LSRFortessa analysers, and
associated flow cytometry equipment. You may be required to spend part
of the working week at the Laboratory for Regenerative Medicine (West
Forvie site) which currently has a CyAn. The successful applicant will
be responsible for the operation, upkeep and development of equipment at
both sites.

You will have proven ability to design flow experiments and to analyse
and interpret data. You will be required to provide training, advice and
guidance to researchers in the theory and practice of flow cytometry.
You will be encouraged to develop and optimise novel cytometry
applications. You must be computer literate and technically innovative.
Communication skills are essential in this service-focused environment,
along with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.

Candidates will be expected to have extensive expertise in
multiparameter flow cytometry. Experience in a multi-user flow cytometry
service will be an advantage.

The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate leadership
qualities and the ability to work well within an academic research setting.

To apply, please visit our vacancies webpage:

http://www.cscr.cam.ac.uk/vacancies.html

Informal enquiries are also welcome via email: cscrjobs at cscr.cam.ac.uk

Applications must be submitted by *5:00 pm* on the closing date.

Please note that this is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants are
asked not to apply again.

Interview will be held on the afternoon of 15^th June 2011. If you have
not been invited for interview by this date, you have not been
successful on this occasion.

Quote Reference: PS08134, Closing Date: *5:00 pm *on the 8^th of June 2011

Interview Date: 015/06/2011

--

Dr Rachael Walker
Flow Cytometry Core Facility Manager