[Cytometry] Teaching Flow Cytometry - Not Guilty!

FloCyte Associates flocyte at flocyte.org
Fri May 6 20:38:37 EDT 2011

Howard,

There is a huge thirst out there for flow knowledge and we have an
excellent crew of volunteers who teach it now, all over the US,
Canada, Europe and even into Mexico.  Reading posts on-line may be
helpful sometimes, but having someone, an expert, right there to
explain it and answer questions beats all the posts on the world wide web!!

Anyone interested in flow training can attend or send their folks to
one of our courses!  ;-) Or invite us to do one in their
institution!  We've got over 4000 satisfied students over the 8 years
we've been taking our Regional Training Program to the users!,  many
hosts who invite us over and over - in over 80 different locations -
to bring this training to their institutions.    We have some
fantastic teachers!  And VERY rarely do we ever get an evaluation
that isn't stellar!  We'll be in 7 location in June alone!!  And
we're planning on going to S. Africa this summer and have interest in
S. America too!    We're booking now for August or November.... rest
of the year is pretty booked!!

Manufacturers train well on their instruments but they concentrate on
making sure that the users can use the software, push the right
buttons, and not wreck the machine.  Local core managers' barely have
time to teach their users how to use their software / instruments and
where to sign up!  Our instructors teach the researcher or clinician
at the bench how to take advantage of the instruments!  We teach them
to set up assays, panels, and instruments correctly and stain and
control  appropriately.  Our goal is better analysis out in the
end!   We're a perfect wedge to fill the gap between the
manufacturers' training and the local cores' instructions.

Pass the word!  FloCyte is a HUGE answer to the problem....  We've a
proven track record.  You can ask any of our hosts or students!

Sue

Susan DeMaggio, MS BSMT(ASCP) QCym
President and CEO

FloCyte Associates
Flow Cytometry Regional Training Program
9 Schubert Court
Irvine, CA  92617

949-725-3754
FAX 725-3752

FloCyte at FloCyte.org
www.FloCyte.org

The biggest mistake that you can make is to believe that you are
working for somebody else. Job security is gone. The driving force of
a career must come from the individual. Remember: Jobs are owned by
the company, you own your career! - Earl Nightingale, author,
speaker, motivator