[Cytometry] Teaching Flow Cytometry

FloCyte Associates flocyte at flocyte.org
Fri May 6 11:46:25 EDT 2011

Hi Till,

I want to offer you some help with your
training.  I know you've heard from some of our
instructors already.   Our FloCyte Regional
Training program has been teaching flow
cytometry, at host institutions like yours, for 8
years now, reaching over 4000 researchers and
clinicians at the bench, just like you.  We
concentrate on how to get the most out of flow
cytometry, no matter what instrument you
use;  not just what buttons to push on the
instrument but what happens when you push that
button.  We teach you how to get the MOST out of
the technology and your instrument!

We give your users a great foundational
understanding the technology itself, in a variety
of assays and techniques, appropriate controls,
compensation and analysis.  We do have the
support of many instrument companies, who bring a
small instrument in or we can use your instrument
as the demonstration instrument for the course as
well, so any questions on it will be answered as well!

After your colleagues have this firm foundation,
your local training on your instrument will be
easier, because you will only have to teach them
how your software / instrument works, where the
supplies are, and how to sign up!  They will
bring better designed experiments, with proper
controls, and better data out of your facility will be the final  result!

We are unique in several ways;  we come to you,
to your institution, and there is no cost to
invite us, if you open your course to the flow
community.  We give each host one place in the
course at no cost, and our expenses are covered
solely from the tuition that the other students
pay.  We keep our tuition equal or less per day
than the tuition for any other courses,  and
there are no travel costs for your folks!   For
the cost of sending one individual away to a
course, you can teach 4-5 in your own
institution!  (even if you could find a similar
course to go to.)   All expenses for printing our
manuals, for our instructors expenses, etc., are covered by the tuition.

We will be in Europe doing trainings in October
in Portugal and Milan.  And we'd love to come to
Darmstadt on that trip and bring a training to
your group and to your flow colleagues in
German.  Please contact me if you are interested
in perhaps arranging a training or visiting one
of our other European trainings this fall.

Sue

Susan DeMaggio, MS BSMT(ASCP) QCym
President and CEO

FloCyte Associates
Flow Cytometry Regional Training Program
9 Schubert Court
Irvine, CA  92617

949-725-3754
FAX 725-3752

FloCyte at FloCyte.org
www.FloCyte.org

The biggest mistake that you can make is to
believe that you are working for somebody else.
Job security is gone. The driving force of a
career must come from the individual. Remember:
Jobs are owned by the company, you own your
career! - Earl Nightingale, author, speaker, motivator