[Cytometry] Flow cytometry position in Basel, Switzerland

Szilvasi, Akos akos.szilvasi at novartis.com
Mon May 2 12:06:08 EDT 2011

A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance-driven people. All of which makes us the most rewarding employer in our field.

Scientific Associate I/II Protein Engineering (FACS)

Job description:

The NIBR Biologics Center (NBC) Basel housed within the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) is looking for a highly talented Scientific Associate to strengthen the FACS analysis and sorting capabilities in its protein engineering labs.

FACS is an essential element in our protein engineering processes using prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell systems. You will be involved in the full range of protein engineering techniques such as molecular biology, cell based screening, candidate selection and characterization.

Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to work independently and in collaboration with different labs. The protein engineering labs have an extremely broad portfolio of different techniques and thus allow the candidate to expand his/her theoretical knowledge and practical work. Generated data and results will be presented within the lab, at project or unit meetings.

Requirements:

The successful candidate demonstrates scientific and profound technical knowledge of FACS analysis and FACS sorting from an industrial environment. Experience in molecular biology, recombinant protein expression and analytics is a plus. He or she is able to evaluate scientific data independently, to pro-actively provide consistent results and data interpretation and to contribute to the design of subsequent experiments. Fluency in English is a prerequisite; German language skills advantageous. The position is based in Basel, Switzerland. Applicants with a PhD can not be considered.

To find out more, please visit www.novartis.com/careers/job-search and select Job ID 80423BR to apply online. Novartis is an equal opportunity employer

Akos Szilvasi

Manager, Flow Cytometry
and Confocal Microscopy Core Lab
Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research
250 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Tel +1 (617) 871-7177
Email akos.szilvasi at novartis.com