[Cytometry] Rare Event Detection Use Cases

Chen, Paul Paul.Chen at lifetech.com
Thu Mar 24 12:36:40 EDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone for getting back to me so quickly regarding the FCS 3.1 formatting file earlier. I now have another question that I want to throw out there to get some general feedback:

What are some of the typical use cases for rare event detection? I realize that this is probably a tricky question, so please allow me to elaborate here. How many events would you typically need to collect to satisfy your research? How many parameters or colors would you be using to characterize your cells? Are there any specific types of plots or gating techniques that you recommend using? Is there anything else that I need to consider?

Thank you all so much in advance for reading and replying.

Sincerely,
Paul Chen