[Cytometry] LSR II HTS

Haviland, David L David.L.Haviland at uth.tmc.edu
Tue Oct 19 16:58:52 EDT 2010

I agree with the other posts... the HTS is a time saver if you have numerous plates to do.   You have to get familiar with the software but that's pretty much understood.  Only reason I say that is that it assumes you want to high throughput sampling.   Many of my users instead want 10,000 gated events so that has to be set.   Run the controls and comps manually then turn the HTS loose on the samples to be queried.

Also, watch for the "user from hell" that doesn't' average, count, or even ball park their cell numbers.  The one time I had serious carry over despite the washing protocol was when it turns out a user put in 3-5 million into the wells.   Fortunately most of the wells were negative but positive wells were often followed by a "less" positive well.

The only thing I'll add is that you must check and keep the sheath tank filled.   The HTS for all the washing it does, drinks the sheath.   If I'm running three plates, top off the tank.  At the end of three plates you'll be about 90% down and would need to refill for more plates.

Paramount:  run DI and cleaning protocol once a month.

Hope that helps,

David