[Cytometry] Cytosense help

Nebe-Von-Caron, G g.nebe-von-caron at alere.com
Fri Oct 15 05:41:09 EDT 2010

I don't think you will find anything similar to this brought forward to
a concept / level of sophistication as far as George has taken it. The
flowcam would be another one to look at and I  was intrigued when
looking at the fountain flow concept a couple of years ago to find that
it looks like the good old ICP in the 1968 patent from Dittrich and
Göhde, as they deliver the sample flowing towards the detector only that
instead of a PMT you now look with a camera chip. I would not have
thought that replacing a PMT with a CCD chip is an inventive step and
even the idea of the advantage of detecting multiple objects in the
stream by the special resolution of a chip had been patented several
years earlier for DNA fragment analysis, but perhaps that's just me.

Anyhow enjoy the drum if you get one

Regards

Gerhard