[Cytometry] CBA vs ELISA

Theolis Bessa theolis.bessa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 12:03:23 EST 2010

Dear Monica,

I haven't worked with CBA for mouse samples, but for human samples it is
true that the results obtained with ELISA do not correspond to those
obtained with CBA. For some cytokines the results may be higher, for other
cytokines lower. I advise you to check the curves that were performed, in
case you make the analysis using the Excel worksheet provided by BD. I often
have better curves if I perform the analysis of MFI manually for each bead
population and use a statistics software to calculate the curve (GraphPad
Prism). Hope it helps,

Theolis