[Cytometry] 3 color Fluorochrome combination

Derek Davies derek.davies at cancer.org.uk
Tue Feb 16 04:52:13 EST 2010

Hi Marjan,

The FACSCalibur has three filters - 530/30 used for FITC/AF488/GFP and other
green fluorescing stuff. A 585/42 generally for PE and a 670 long pass which
you can use for red tandems, PerCP. PerCP-Cy5.5 emits around 690nm and
PE-Cy7 around 780nm so these would be picked up with the 670LP filter and
would not be a good combination. Either would work on its own (but they do
have different emission properties) but I would replace one with a
PE-conjugate.

Best wishes,
Derek

On 12/2/10 17:00, "Marjan Gharagozloo" <gharagozlo at sums.ac.ir> wrote:

> Dear all,
> In a FACSCalibur (1 laser) instrument, is the combination of mAbs
> conjugated with (PerCp5.5),(PECy7), and (FITC) correct? I'd grateful if
> you could kindly give me your advice regarding Fluorochrome selection in
> flowcytometry.
>
> Best regards:
> Marjan Gharagozloo (Ph.D)
> Assistant professor
> Department of Immunology
> School of Medicine
> Isfahan University of Medical Sciences
> Isfahan, Iran
> Postal code:81744-176
> Tel:+98-311-7922530
> Fax:+98-311-6688597
> Cell phone:+98-913-1100447

Derek Davies, FACS Laboratory, London Research Institute,
Cancer Research UK, 44 Lincolns Inn Fields, London, UK.

Tel: (44) 20 7269 3394
FAX: (44) 20 7269 3479
Mobile: 07790 604112
e_mail: derek.davies at cancer.org.uk
http://science.cancerresearchuk.org/sci/facs/

In tenebris lux

This communication is from Cancer Research UK. Our website is at www.cancerresearchuk.org. We are a charity registered under number 1089464 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales under number 4325234. Our registered address is 61 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX. Our central telephone number is 020 7242 0200.

This communication and any attachments contain information which is confidential and may also be privileged.   It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete the email and destroy any copies of it.

E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so.