[Cytometry] CD4 purification

Howard Shapiro hms at shapirolab.com
Tue Feb 9 16:59:54 EST 2010

Is it your intention to study mRNA in CD4+ T cells? If so, you will need to separate them from the CD4+ monocytes/macrophages also present in PBMC. If you did this by positively selecting with CD3, you would stimulate the CD4+ T cells, so getting rid of the monocytes with CD14 and/or other antibodies that they express and CD4+ T cells do not would be a better bet.

-Howard