[Cytometry] CD4 purification

Mous Kim kim.mous at ua.ac.be
Tue Feb 9 03:48:45 EST 2010

Dear all,

Could anyone comment on the following please?

I intend to perform mRNA expression analyses through real-time qPCR on CD4 cells purified with magnetic beads starting from frozen PBMC. I'd prefer purifying through positive selection since cell populations tend to be purer compared to negatively selected cells. I do not intend to stimulate the purified CD4 cells prior to putting them into trizol. Has anyone of you observed that cells became stimulated / that proteins/mRNA levels increased due to the CD4 positive selection?

Thank you in advance for your comments/suggestions !!

Best regards,
Kim