[Cytometry] analysers with 561nm laser

Steven Porcelli steven.porcelli at einstein.yu.edu
Fri Feb 5 17:34:02 EST 2010

I think I heard recently that the BD FACSCanto II now has an option
for a 561 nm laser.  There is also the 8 color DxP8 upgrade from
Cytek that adds a 561 laser to the FACSCalibur, although I've heard
that there are problems with the software needed to run this
configuration that may make it impractical.

I'd be interested in hearing about other options if there are any.  A
lot of us really need instruments that can excite TdT and other RFPs!

Steve

At 09:38 AM 2/4/2010, Rachael Walker wrote:
>Dear All
>
>I am looking at the options for a multi-laser analyser which also has a
>561nm laser as we would like to be able to see GFP and RFP.  I know of
>the BD LSRII and Fortessa and Partec CyFlow ML.  Are there any other
>machines available or does any one know if any new machines will be
>launched at ISAC in May?
>
>Thanks
>Rachael
>
>--
>

>Dr Rachael Walker
>Flow Cytometry Core Facility Manager
>Wellcome Trust Centre for Stem Cell Research
>University of Cambridge
>Tennis Court Road
>Cambridge
>CB2 1QR
>
>01223 760227

NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS AS OF 9/1/09 IS
<steven.porcelli at einstein.yu.edu>  PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS BOOK

Steven A. Porcelli, MD
Professor
Department of Microbiology and Immunology
Department of Medicine (Rheumatology)
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Room 416 Forchheimer Building
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, NY
USA, 10461
Tel: 718 430-3228 (office), 718 430-3227 (lab), 718 430-2811
(department office)
Fax: 718 430-8711
email: steven.porcelli at einstein.yu.edu