[Cytometry] Sticky cells

Mikael Brisslert mikael.brisslert at rheuma.gu.se
Thu Dec 16 08:17:21 EST 2010

Dear Flow-lovers

I have a girl who wants to run fibroblasts in my flow-system. She is very concerned about the stickiness of these cells, and she also wants to do intracellular staining. I have been trained not to used EDTA-containing buffers while performing intracellular staining so my question is if there are other reagents like heparin, citrate etc that can be used instead of EDTA and that not interferes with the intracellular staining?

Over and out,
Mikael

***************************************
MIKAEL BRISSLERT
PhD, Associate Professor in Immunology
Certified Biomedical Scientist
Flow Cytometry Manager

Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg
Dept. of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research
Box 480
405 30 Gothenburg

Phone: +46 (0)31 342 40 56
Fax: +46 (0)31 823 925