[Cytometry] Rare Event Analysis

Carl Simard carl_jf_simard at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:46:04 EST 2009

If your main problem is the size of the data file, is it possible for you to save only the events in the IFNg+ gate ? I don't know which system you have, but sa far as I know, all acquisition software have the option to let save gated events instead of saving all events...

As for the number of cells needed for statiscally significant results, there's no universally defined line. It really depends on the experiment, on what you want to demonstrate, on the reproducibility of the experiement, on the difference between your experimental sample and your control, etc... Sometime, a few highly positive and highly reproducible events may be more significative than a large number of events barely positive and in an experiment not showing any difference with the control in half of the repetition...

Carl