[Cytometry] Macrophage staining

Stephen Rosenberg Stephen.Rosenberg at jefferson.edu
Mon Mar 16 17:58:30 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what would be a good marker for staining macrophages from lymphoid tissues for flow. I have been using F4/80 but was not getting good staining in the bone marrow, lymph nodes or spleen, while getting good staining in the peritoneal exudate. I recently came across a few papers stating that F4/80 was not expressed well on macrophages in the lymphoid organs. Therefore, hopefully some of you can help me find another macrophage marker to use.

Thank you for your help,

Steve