[Cytometry] area and height in cell cycle/DNA content analysis

chen li chen_li3 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 11:42:06 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Although many books/papers talk about why FL2-A/FL3-A(linear on calibur)  a better parameter to describe DNA content, I still see many papers use FL2-H/FL3-H to analyze the data. Recently in one experiment I acquire both parameters on the same samples and perform the analysis(after gating single cell only base FL2-A/FL2-W) using FlowJo. Both give me the similar results in term of cell percentage in each phase(G0/G1, S, and G2/M), although the RMS from data using FL2-H are higher than those using FL2-A.

So my question: Does choice of either FL2-A or FL2-H really matter?

Thanks,

Li