[Cytometry] FTE survey results

Lopez, Peter Peter.Lopez at med.nyu.edu
Thu Jul 30 12:59:24 EDT 2009

A while back I had asked core facility managers if they would supply me with their facility staffing and equipment numbers .

I received information from 51 core cytometry facilities worldwide. The information is from academic research labs not performing clinical sample analysis, with one industrial lab represented.
A number of labs asked me not to disclose their identity, so I will provide this information as a statistical summary.

As of July 30, 2009
51 labs responding:

Cell Sorters    mean= 2.29, std dev= 1.45
Analyzers       mean= 4.25, std dev= 2.47
FTEs            mean= 3.02, std dev= 1.56

I hope that this information provides those with understaffed labs the additional documentation needed to bring in more help.
Thanks to all of the respondents.

--Peter

Peter Lopez
Research Assistant Professor of Pathology
Co-Director and Manager, NYUCI Core Cytometry Facility
540 First Ave, Skirball 3 Admin
New York, NY 10016
212.263.0635 (office) x.5907 (lab), x.2150 (fax)
Peter.Lopez at med.nyu.edu

</PRE>
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.<br />