[Cytometry] Biosafety with analyzers

Marty Bigos bigos at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 27 13:42:55 EDT 2009

Hi Greg-

We keep our analyzer rooms BSL-2. Basically that means lab coats/
gloves, red bag disposals, sink outside the room for washing. In
addition, we have our waste containers filled with bleach to 10% of
volume each time they are emptied, have users wipe down the work area
with Cavicide, including keyboards, and run bleach & water on the
analyzer after each run. Each workday AM a staff member runs bleach
and water on the analyzers, does the wipedowns, enpties waste and
fills sheath tanks before first run, if possible.

Marty