[Cytometry] Problem with BD CS&T laser settings

Nebe-Von-Caron, G g.nebe-von-caron at invmed.com
Fri Jul 24 11:51:50 EDT 2009

Which speaks volumes for the approach of Accuri to lock the users out of
that choice and just look at the relevant part of the scale. You can of
course change your filter to a narrower band which will give you less
light but also less crosstalk and auto fluorescence. If you speed up
your cells you will also reduce your photon yield but then the laser
delay times change as well. I prefer to regulate the laser power in my
ICYT laser as the simplest way of keeping all other settings constant
but that is probably too old-fashioned as I haven't got that many
settings to twiddle on my old Elite.

Gerhard Nebe-von-Caron
Research Scientist and Biomedical Engineer
Inverness Medical International
Priory Business Park
Bedford, MK44 3UP, UK
Mob +44(0)7792-116609