[Cytometry] Problem with BD CS&T laser settings

Chris Willberg Chris.Willberg at ndm.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 23 05:33:33 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Sorry this may be a very basic question. I was told not to change the
PMT voltages (except the fsc and ssc) after the CS&T had set them -
unless your positive stain was off scale. This results in some
negative populations being quiet "high" up on the scale. However, I
was warned that if you lower the voltages you will lower the
sensitivity to discriminate between negative and dim populations.
Until now I have been happy doing this. Is this correct? What is the
best practice?

Many thanks
Chris Willberg

Chris Willberg
Postdoctoral Research Assistant
Biomedical Research Centre - Immunology Theme
University of Oxford
JR Level 7
Room 7602
Oxford, UK