[Cytometry] FACSDiVa startup crash

Lopez, Peter Peter.Lopez at med.nyu.edu
Thu Jul 23 13:59:20 EDT 2009

We have had a FACSDiVa startup crash, and upon speaking with BD they have noted that this has happened in other locations recently.
There is a relative easy fix for this.

The crash occurs when you launch FACSDiVa. Instead of the program launching, an MS-DOS command line screen  opens and you will be told to review the contents of "console.log". In this file you are told there is not enough space for the object heap.

If this happens, you do not need to cancel your LSRII-user appointments and place a service call (as I did).

You should call BD and ask them to walk you through editing the cmdbdfacs.bat file, and they can help you get back up and running quickly.

Hopefully this won't happen to you, but I think everyone using this software should be aware that there is a quick fix.

--Peter

Peter Lopez
Research Assistant Professor of Pathology
Co-Director and Manager, NYUCI Core Cytometry Facility
540 First Ave, Skirball 3 Admin
New York, NY 10016
212.263.0635 (office)
212.263.5907 (lab)
212.263. 2150 (fax)
Peter.Lopez at med.nyu.edu

</PRE>
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.<br />