[Cytometry] FACSCalibur dot plots with clusters at grid points!

HSCI - CRM Flow Cytometry Core Facility crm.flow.cytometry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 14:56:58 EDT 2009

Dear Flow Cytometry Experts,

One of our users brought this strange phenomenon to our attention. Dot
plots from data files gathered by the FACSCalibur show strange
clusters at grid points. This occured in only two out of several data
files collected.

If the attachment doesn't go through, please view the picture here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/j9eUurULtVnfV9szbjtMmw?feat=3Ddirectli=
nk

We thought of test pulses, but the ones that are made through
CellQuest do not make that pattern. We welcome any explanations,
thoughts, or exorcism protocols.

Thanks,
Kat Folz-Donahue