[Cytometry] Problem with BD CS&T laser settings

Adrian Smith a.smith at centenary.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jul 21 10:53:53 EDT 2009

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for writing this up in so much detail for everyone.

We had come across the same problem recently and have resorted to
pasting the correct laser delays on a card on the instrument so that
people can double-check they have the right settings before they
start. Most of them have been good at choosing to accept CS&T settings.

In fact, it seems that this may be an extension of problem we first
noticed with the introduction of the user controls in Diva 5.
Basically it was possible then to get into the situation where someone
could have the laser settings changed under them with no ability to
change them back. The situation where that could happen was much more
limited (basically you had to have a some users with full or partial
permission to change some settings, and some users with no
permissions) so maybe it wasn't common.

I did submit a detailed report to BD but don't believe I heard back -
and there are clearly some additional traps in Diva 6 that are going
to catch a lot more people.

(I can't remember if I sent a report to list - I thought I might have
but I can't find anything in the archives).

Regards,

Adrian Smith
Centenary Institute, Sydney, Australia