[Cytometry] question about antibodies stability

Sharma, Parul Parul.Sharma at childrens.harvard.edu
Mon Jul 20 16:47:58 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,
totally agree with Steve,
We had been using the antiRANK antibody fromX a company and all was working fine until one day they stopped working. Luckily we had a tube of the old antibody and everything including the lot numbers matched. Finally thru a long discussion we figured the antibody was losing potency because it was shipped in a different packaging system.You guessed right they were shipping it at room temperature when they had been shipping it on dry ice earlier......
I asked them to ship this antibody again frozen this time and it worked.
We have seen this with other antibodies too! However some antibodies are robust!
I wish we could do something about this. We have the same issue with some of our western blot developers too!
Sometimes replacements just do not cut it with precious samples!
Parul