[Cytometry] Sorting samples containing C. albicans

Vinko Tosevski vinko.tosevski at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 10:39:19 EDT 2009

Dear all,

Are there any special precautions/biosafety considerations when
sorting cells from mice organs infected with C.albicans? I didn't find
any notion of C.albicans in ISAC's Biosafety Standard for Sorting of
Unfixed Cells and text search through 5th edition of BMBL also gave no
hits... I was under the impression that C. albicans is normal
commensal within human body but, again, I also heard about it in terms
of opportunistic infections in immunocompromised individuals which
cold be fatal... What would be the proper way to approach such a sort?
The instument is FACSAria I without any biosafety add-ons (no AMO).

Thank you,
Vinko

---
Vinko Tosevski