[Cytometry] Distinguishing Surface vs. Cytoplasmic staining

Robin Barclay robin.barclay at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 16 04:40:13 EDT 2009

I would expect a cell surface antigen to remain present and accessible after
fix/perm (unless that process changes it).  It would be of interest to stain
before fix/perm with with one fluorochrome conjugate then following fix/perm
with another fluorochrome conjugate of the same antibody, which might
discriminate surface and cytoplasmic expression of the same antigen??
Robin Barclay

Dr George Robin Barclay PhD
Consultant Clinical Scientist (Lead Scientist, SNBTS Group)
  & Honorary Senior Lecturer
SNBTS Cell Therapy Group
MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine
The Chancellor's Building
University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.