[Cytometry] Fixation of platelets

KurtzJ@usa.redcross.org KurtzJ at usa.redcross.org
Tue Jul 14 15:20:44 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I am interested in anyone that has experience in fixing platelets.  My
main question is that if you are going to store fixed platelets for
10-14 days is it better

to keep the samples at 4oC or at room temperature, or does it make no
difference.  My staining would be done after platelets had been fixed
and stored.

Some people stain and then fix platelets and store them in the cold,
does keeping them in the cold comparing to room temperature storage have
something

to do with prior staining of the samples before fixing?  Any information
would be appreciated.   Thanks,  Jim Kurtz