[Cytometry] MoFlo Containment

Steven Porcelli porcelli at aecom.yu.edu
Fri Jul 10 13:11:24 EDT 2009

Art,
I certainly agree!  I'm afraid that in this area, we are really
getting mired down in absurdities.  We can probably expect it to get worse!!
Steve

At 11:06 AM 7/10/2009, Arthur Roberts wrote:
>Is it really illegal to vent HEPA-filtered air to an exhaust duct to
>the outdoors?  What could be the rationale for this?  HEPA-filtered
>air is likely to be cleaner than the outdoor air it's being
>exhausted into.  Considering what comes out of some smokestacks,
>such a prohibition seems absurd to me.
>
>Art
>
>Flow Cytometry Core Laboratory
>Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
>Dept. of Molec. Genetics, Microbiol & Immunol
>SRB rm 113
>675 Hoes Lane
>Piscataway, NJ 08854
>phone: 732-235-4502
>fax:   732-235-4505

Steven A. Porcelli, MD
Professor
Department of Microbiology and Immunology
Department of Medicine (Rheumatology)
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Room 416 Forchheimer Building
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, NY
USA, 10461
Tel: 718 430-3228 (office), 718 430-3227 (lab), 718 430-2811
(department office)
Fax: 718 430-8711
email: porcelli at aecom.yu.edu