[Cytometry] MoFlo Containment

Arthur Roberts robertar at umdnj.edu
Fri Jul 10 11:06:13 EDT 2009

Is it really illegal to vent HEPA-filtered air to an exhaust duct to the outdoors?  What could be the rationale for this?  HEPA-filtered air is likely to be cleaner than the outdoor air it's being exhausted into.  Considering what comes out of some smokestacks, such a prohibition seems absurd to me.

Art

Flow Cytometry Core Laboratory
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Dept. of Molec. Genetics, Microbiol & Immunol
SRB rm 113
675 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854
phone: 732-235-4502