[Cytometry] How to move FC500 cytometer?

Arthur Roberts robertar at umdnj.edu
Mon Jul 6 19:48:36 EDT 2009

Hi All,
I need to move a Beckman-Coulter FC-500 from one bench to another. Do I have to call in the manufacturer reps for this? or can a get a few people to gently pick it up and carefully move it over?   I'm a bit concerned about affecting the laser alignment, but its only a distance of about 3 ft and I have no service contract.  Please let me know your experience. By the way, it's got a red HeNe on it, in addition to the Argon.

Thanks!!
Art

Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Dept. of Molec. Genetics, Microbiol & Immunol
SRB rm 113
675 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854