[Cytometry] PNH

Katzke, Kathleen A. Kathleen.Katzke at osfhealthcare.org
Fri Jul 3 09:04:58 EDT 2009

I have read the article "Diagnosing PNH with FLAER and Multiparameter
Flow Cytometry" by R. Sutherland. We are starting a method development
for PNH. We used to use the RedQuant and CellQuant kits for testing
years ago, but quit as I couldn't get the support I needed and then the
results weren't coming out well either after years of testing different
methods and finally bringing the kits live. So, we quit that testing
after 5 months.

My question is, with using the procedure from the article, we had
thought of doing 20 samples of patients with anemia or those samples
that are sent out for PNH testing for comparison. We only sent out 16
samples last year so don't have a lot of reference work for this test. I
was wondering what is recommended for testing and comparisons for this
test. I realize we will rarely see a positive PNH patient, esp. with our
initial testing, but wanted some feedback on how to proceed.      Thanks
for all your help.

Kathy Katzke, MT (ASCP) QCym
Flow Cytometry
OSF System Lab
1224 Berkley St
Peoria, IL 61637
work 309-624-9036
fax 309-624-9037

kathleen.katzke at osfhealthcare.org

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this message by anyone other than the addressee is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent of the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original e-mail, attachment(s), and any copies.