[Cytometry] blood collection tubes

Querec, Troy D. (CDC/CCID/NCZVED) (CTR) hep0 at cdc.gov
Wed Jan 7 10:42:49 EST 2009

Hi Natalie,

You should checkout Streck's Cyto-Chex:

http://www.streck.com/products/immunology/cytochex_bct.asp

I am currently optimizing the use of their related product, Streck Cell
Preservative (SCP), and I am happy with the results at least 7 days out.
I suggest you setup a time course to examine the effects on your
particular markers and cells of interest.  I have heard through "the
grape vine" that one lab found it best to collect blood in standard
anticoagulant blood collection tubes (cannot recall if EDTA, citrate,
etc.) and then add SCP to it for a 20% SCP concentration.

Contact Streck and request a few free samples of some products.

Kind regards,

Troy

Dr. Troy D. Querec
APHL/CDC Emerging Infectious Diseases Research Fellow

Chronic Viral Diseases Branch
1600 Clifton Rd NE
Mail Stop G-41
Building 1-South, Room 1249