[Cytometry] [cytometry] CFDA-SE labelling of Staphylococcus during cultivation

Petra Hildebrandt Petra.Hildebrandt at uni-greifswald.de
Wed Jan 7 07:11:23 EST 2009

Hi, first of all I wish you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

Has anybody experiences with the in-culture-labelling of S. aureus with
CFDA-SE? Why do I want to do that? Well, for internalisation assays I
would like to use bacteria which are not too much handled before the
co-cultivation with eukaryotic cells starts.
I tried this way of labelling (24h culture)once, but the cells showed a
very low fluorescence. And I don´t know, if it is because I used e.g.
not enough CFDA-SE or if it is generally impossible. Therefore I would
be happy to hear from your experiences.

Petra

--
Dr. Petra Hildebrandt