[Cytometry] LSRII APC issues

Ian Dimmick ian.dimmick at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Feb 27 15:15:34 EST 2009

I suspect that you have a 640 red laser that is giving a high background in the 660/20 filter, using the second filter (670/14) you are avoiding any small , but significant amount of red laser light entering your detector , remember the filter labels are not based on finite emissions measured , but on half peak full width , this makes a big difference and is the probable reason why the 640 nm laser is creeping in to the lower 650nm end of your 66/20 band pass .

Ian

Ian Dimmick
Flow Cytometry Core Facility Manager
Institute of Human Genetics