[Cytometry] FW: FACScan 8Color upgrade

Steven Porcelli porcelli at aecom.yu.edu
Fri Feb 27 17:07:41 EST 2009

Danny,

We had two FACSCans upgraded by Cytek from the original one laser/3
color configuration to two laser/four color.  This has worked very
well, and we have been satisfied with sensitivity and
performance.  Our experience with the Cytek service contracts has
been reasonable so far.

We have no experience with the more advanced Cytek upgrades, like the
8 color one that you mention.  We are interested in this, and are
considering it for one of our FACSCaliburs.  I spoke with one of the
field service people from Cytek a couple of months ago about it, and
he only could tell me that the upgrades seemed to be working okay,
but there may be some lingering software bugs.  I don't have any
better information about it than that, so I'd be very interested in
hearing more about actual experiences people have had if you are able
to get any feedback of that sort.

Best regards,

Steve Porcelli

  At 07:43 AM 2/24/2009, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I am currently thinking about upgrading one or two of our FACScan to the
>8color, 3laser upgrade (DxP8 red/violet or DxP8 Red/Yellow) provided by
>Cytek.
>I would like to get some opinions about these upgrades from other users that
>did the same.
>Is it working well? How about the sensitivity? What about the software
>(FlowJo CE) is it "easy" to get familiar to for users who may, let's say, do
>not have that much experience in flow?
>How about the service contracts Cytek provides? Are the reaction times and
>costs justifiable?
>
>Any comments about this would be highly appreciated.
>
>Kind regards
>danny

Steven A. Porcelli, MD
Professor
Department of Microbiology and Immunology
Department of Medicine (Rheumatology)
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Room 416 Forchheimer Building
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, NY
USA, 10461
Tel: 718 430-3228 (office), 718 430-3227 (lab), 718 430-2811
(department office)
Fax: 718 430-8711
email: porcelli at aecom.yu.edu