[Cytometry] LSRII APC issues

Christian Willberg Chris.Willberg at ndm.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 27 13:51:06 EST 2009

Dear All,

I was hoping somebody could help us with a problem we're having with
our APC PMT on a new LSRII, our local BD engineer is at a loss.
We have been struggling to get good APC stains with antibodieswe know
work very well on other machines. When we checked with BD rainbow
beads we noticed that the APC dim beads where bunching up halfway
along the axis - this wasn't seen on either the Alexa700 PMT or APC-
Cy7 PMT (please see attached PDF). We checked that this wasn't due to
the filter (660/20) using a second 660/20 filter and the same pattern
was seen. However, when we swapped the 660/20 filter for a 670/14 -
the problem was resolved. Ideally we would like to use the 660/20
filters for APC and not the 670/14. Can anyone explain what could be
causing this and how we can fix it?

Many thanks,
Chris Willberg

Chris Willberg
Biomedical Research Centre - Immunology Theme
University of Oxford
Oxford, UK

Tele: 01865 271290
or tele: 01865 222352