[Cytometry] Calcium flux measurement : Automated agonist addition

Geoffrey Osborne g.osborne at uq.edu.au
Mon Feb 23 19:26:00 EST 2009

Hi Ian,

We have developed a working prototype of automated addition of agonist
to cells which does not appear, based on preliminary data, to perturb
the sample flow. It requires minor modifications to existing hardware
commercially available from a friendly flow cytometry company.

Currently the system I've designed is tailored toward screening multiple
agonists from multi-well plates against a single cell line, or vice
versa, multiple cell mutants etc. The preliminary experimental data
looks very robust, however we are still working out a few "kinks" in the
system, and checking (and re-checking) the reproducibility of the
system.

Email me directly if you want to follow up on this more e.g. example
data.

Obviously I'm interested in gauging market interest and commercial
application of this approach.

Geoff

--

Geoffrey Osborne

Director of Flow Cytometry,

The Queensland Brain Institute /Australian Institute for Bioengineering
and Nanotechnology,

The University of Queensland,

St Lucia, QLD, 4072, Australia

Ph (61) 07 33466397

email g.osborne at uq.edu.au

Please consider the environment before you print anything!